Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm sorry I've been so absent...

I don't really have a good excuse. Really I don't.  I mean nothing like getting my husband ready for his lifetime dream of riding the shuttle to the Space Station or our daughter having cancer or anything like that. Grins

No,  I think that I have been just re-evaluating what my blog is about.  This blog is about our family and what is happening in our home and what God is showing/teaching us. I think that I became a wee bit insecure. You see,  I've found some really great blogs out there in "Blogland" and I know that mine doesn't measure up in so many ways.  So I think that left me stalled in my tracks! smile

However, I really enjoy writing and so maybe you will still put up with me?

So to catch up.....

1.  Our trip to Indy:  I had a conversation with another Mom after our lunch break.  Her son is also a cancer survivor - he was diagnosed with a type of brain cancer 5 years ago when he was 12.  He is not the same kid as he was before he was diagnosed.  He knows it.  He is now 17 years old and he and his mom are trying to figure out how independent he can be as an adult.  He has been doing neuropsychological testing often.  He is barely able to get a diploma.  It isn't that he isn't smart - he is - but all of the treatments have left him unable to remember things.  He is on all kinds of medications.  It was humbling to realize (once again) how blessed we are.  Maggie does have long term side effects from the treatments - severe hearing loss (even with her "hearing ears" in she still can't always hear the birds sing), potential neuro psych issues and more than likely hormone issues.  But she is still our girl and isn't on any medication at this time.

2.  Our weightloss....   We are still doing Low-Carb.  Yes, that is 4 months.  I know, I think that we might be crazy just like you think.  We were both bulging out of our clothes.  So now we are both fitting nicely into at least one size down.  I think that I've probably lost about 25 lbs.  Rod has lost a lot more.  He is much more stringent with his carbs in general.  Like if we have hot dogs for supper he won't put ketchup on them b/c ketchup has carbs - so he only does mustard.  We've "cheated" but nothing I feel really guilty about.  I even made banana muffins for my kiddos and didn't have one.  I've learned a lot about eating better: more veggies, a good portion of protein.  If someone could just help me like exercise!  UGH! grimace

3. Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway.  I am really excited about this.  I think that these are just beautiful! :)  Cha Cha does such a nice job.

4.  I've applied for a job.  Yes I am in as much shock as everyone else.  I've really only shared the details with a few people.  Let's just say that no matter what the outcome there wme ill be disappointment and excitement.  I haven't been "obsessing" about this decision as much as I would have in the past.  I was supposed to find out by now if I had gotten the position but was told that a decision won't be able to be made till at least this coming Tuesday.  And you know what?  I am ok with it.  It is funny - ok more ironic or things that make you go "HMMMMMMM" - but with this journey of faith that I have been going on I KNOW without a doubt that whatever the outcome will be ok.  Maybe part of it is just that I am not 100% sure what I want.  Smile

All right the kiddos are starting to go nuts.  And my house is a pit.  I think it has taken me several days to recover from the early morning drive to Riley.  Also, I'm trying to figure out how to balance accomplishing things and keeping the kiddos entertained. 

Oh and what kid of schtuff do you like reading about on this lil ole blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!