Sunday, June 5, 2011

When He Says Nothing At All......

I am sitting here at the computer trying to write this post and no words come.

How do I put into words what you mean to me?  How do I begin to describe what we've been through with each other?

You are my encourager - believing that I can do (with God's great guidance and help) whatever the task is that is in front of me.

You are my best friend and confidant.

You are the one that I would come home from staying at the hospital with Maggie and just weep with.

You are the one that understands how truly funny our children are and loves to hear the goofy stories about their daily antics.

You are the one that I can look at and we know what the other is thinking.

You are the one who likes to stand in the middle of my kitchen - right in the way of everything -  so that I can't do anything.

You are the one that drives me batty.

You are the one that can make me so mad and yet at the end of the day I want to cuddle up with.

You are the one that challenges me to look at things from a different perspective - usually one that I don't want to look at (but know I need to).

You are the one that I love to make laugh and to laugh with.

You have a twinkle in your eye that I absolutely love to see.  Usually it comes out when you are being a little mischievous.

Your arms are the ones I want around me all of the time.

God totally knew what He was doing - I shouldn't be amazed, but I am.  I am in awe how we fit together.  We are opposites in many ways and yet in others we are the same.  We balance each other.

Happy 12 years married!  I love you!  I still choose YOU!


Thank you for who you are to me and what you give to me!


Linking up with:

Sit Relax and Read

5 comments:

  1. Sweetest post, and that is one of my top 5 favorite songs. You are the sweetest.

    Love Ya Big,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I too am amazed when I look at my husband. God sure knows what He is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should write greeting cards. just saying. happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! What a sweet tribute to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be married 24 years July 24 2011 to the sweetest man, your post could have come from my heart, what a wonderful tribute to your husband.
    Happy Anniversary
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!