Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being Enveloped by God

The other night when I was out and about, I was listening to the radio.  Since I was further away from home than usual, I had to find a new station.  Sometimes that is nice as it seems each station - even in the same genre - play different songs.

There was a song that caught my attention.  It was a remake of the late Rich Mullins' song "Hold Me Jesus" - I hadn't heard it before.  I mean, of course I had heard Rich Mullins' song but I hadn't heard this remake.

It caught me off guard.  Maybe it was the timing, maybe it's just where I am in my walk....  Maybe it is just the adventures that God has walked us thru.


Take the time to listen to the song.  I chose this particular video as it has the lyrics with it.  :)

I know that God longs to Hold us as we walk thru this scary life.  I have felt His presence during the scariest times of my life.

Deuteronomy 33:12 says
“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, 
   for he shields him all day long, 
   and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.”


I love this verse.  I can almost imagine crawling up into my Abba God's lap and placing my head right on His chest - right between His shoulders.


It makes me think of holding my children as wee little ones.  I loved to hold them right on my chest.  I could almost envelop them.


I truly believe that this is what God wants to do with us.  Hold us, envelop us, shield us.


May you feel enveloped by God's love today.




By the way, I was FEATURED!  Thank you Stacy for featuring me on 

I feel very humbled! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us Rachel! We love the pretty projects and crafts and recipes...but we cherish posts like this! They are truly inspiring. I love Big Daddy Weave and I love Rich Mullins' work. So glad you came over to join us and share your beautiful post. Have a blessed week.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. just what i needed to hear right now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!