Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love and War Devotional for Couples

Before kids, I worked as a therapist.  In fact, my master's is in Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family.  Bet ya didn't know that, huh?

This means that I love all these marriage books.  I love seeing new ways to help couples improve their marriage.

I was excited to read this devotional.  It is geared to be done as a couple over 8 weeks.  Within each week there are 5 days of devotionals and at the end of the week there are "exercises" that the couple is encouraged to do.

Honestly, at first I was a wee bit disappointed in this devotional.  Maybe I should have read the book that the devotional was based on (?).  However,  as I kept reading, I found what I was looking for.  The Eldridge way of engaging men into the process of Marriage building.

Truly, as Solomon says in Ecclesiastes, "there is nothing new under the sun" and most authors understand that.  What is different is the way the information is told.  The Eldredges put their own spin on things that is often times very engaging.

I will give this a 4 out of 5.

This book was given to me for the sole purpose of reviewing by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing.


Please go check out my review and "review my review"! :)
My review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!