Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Whiter than Snow

Can I be just really honest?

Well, I am going to be anyway.

I am tired of hearing people complain about the snow.  Yes, I know we've had the most snowfall this winter season in eons and the season isn't even over yet.  Yes, I know that it is not fun shoveling it (just shoveled my drive/sidewalk and I didn't use my legs as much as I should) and really not fun driving in it.  However, we do live in Indiana and it usually snows this time of year.

I always say that I would rather it be white outside that brown.  You see if the snow melts off the grass you wont see beautiful green grass in February.  You will see brown.  When the snow melts this early in the season EVERYTHING IS BROWN  and that to me is just depressing.  When I look out my window right now, the sky is blue and the sun is shining - it is so bright and beautiful out there I have to squint and that almost looks like a smile.  :)

The other day Jared and I were talking about the snow.  Well actually we were talking about sin and how God makes us clean again even when we have sinned - if we ask him.  I told him it is like the snow.  The snow comes and makes everything so clean and pretty.  Then cars drive on it, sand/salt is spread and it starts looking a little brown and a little less pristine.  Then God sends more snow and it is all pure and clean again.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.



Or how about this one?
Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow.
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.



What a fabulous reminder of God's power to make ME clean again! 




You know, tho, I think God knew how totally murky winters get.  I think that is why He gave us snow - to make our world beautiful.


So can you join me in thanking  God for the snow today?  For reminding us of how He makes us clean - as only He can....and for the beauty of the pristine snow...........

1 comment:

  1. And I am going to add that I wrote this as a reminder to myself as I have only been out of the house for 4 hours (not counting shoveling/snowblowing) since last Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!