Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scanxiety

It is a made up word that so describes it all.

Two weeks from today I take Maggie in for her next scan.

The further out from treatment she gets the more nervous I become.  While in treatment, there was something in her body fighting off that cancer.  Sometimes there is even some residual fighting even after the treatments have stopped.  In about 3 weeks, she will have been off all treatment for one year.  That is exciting and scary all at once.  I read every day about children with that nasty neuroblastoma relapsing and docs don't know how to treat it because they threw everything at it to get rid of it the first time.

However, even tho my anxiety is there, I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that NO MATTER WHAT happens....it WILL be ok.  I may not like it, but it will be ok.  God never promised that we will like it all, now did He? :)

Maggie is playing and singing and laughing and dancing.  I look at her and KNOW what God can do.  I also know that nothing can happen that He isn't already in the midst of and because of that it WILL be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!