Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks TO

I've been struck by so many people wanting to be thankful each day this time of year.

While I am totally in favor of giving thanks, giving thanks implies that you are thankful TO someone.  I think that we forget that too often.  We will say "I am thankful for "XYZ" and we don't even think of saying who we are giving thanks to.  Remember that there is always Someone to give thanks to.

So here are some things that I am thankful for and to whom

1.  I am thankful to my Lord and my husband for our home.
2.  I am thankful to my Lord for my family.
3.  I am thankful to my husband for making me laugh - sometimes on purpose and sometimes not. :)
4.  I am thankful to my children for their sweet ways of looking at life and how everything can be fixed with a bandaid.
5.  I am thankful to my Lord for not only protecting my marriage but also making it even stronger during a battle that many marriages do not survive.
6.  I am thankful to my mother for helping me learn to cook.
7.  I am thankful to my grandmother who taught me not to be afraid to sing to children in the car.
8.  I am thankful to my father for teaching me it is ok to be an adult and to be silly.
9.  I am thankful to my parents who taught me what it means and looks like to love and serve God.
10.  I am thankful to my Lord that my daughter is healthy.  Altho, I still look to see if she is pale..............
11.  I am thankful to my Lord for showing me that He still wants to use me in spite of all of my failings.
12.  I am thankful to my Rod for loving me thru my tears.
13.  I am thankful to my Lord for creating chocolate.  :)

Just remember to WHOM you are thankful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!