Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Not feeling the best

So, for the last couple of weeks I have been struggling.  I have never been a fabulous sleeper.  So when you combine that with the sleep deprivation of the past however many months and now that is catching up with me.  I also have incredible feet problems - long story short - I have flat feet and spending any length of time on my feet puts me in excruciating pain.  I am actually going to get orthodic shoe inserts.  Feel like an old women just writing that.  But sometimes I just want to cry b/c of how tired I am and other times because of how bad my feet are killing me.  I am hoping that the orthotics and their ugliness will be worth it.  (altho the foot doc said that there is a good shoe store at the outlet mall for wearing with orthotics.

I write that because I feel like Satan is attacking me thru my body.  I feel my energy and zeal is being zapped.  I guess, I am glad that I realize this now so that I can stop it from happening.  I must get myself back in gear and take care of myself so that I don't fall apart physically or spiritually.  I find that our physical selves will so impact our spiritual sides.  I need to be proactive in taking care of both aspects so that I stay at my best for my God and my family. :)

On a side note, I wrote last time about making a menu out of my food pantry.  I came up with about 20 meals.  Now, I didn't assign them to a specific date but, for me, just having that list is liberating.  I know what I can fix quick and easy!  There are only a few things that I need to complete each meal.  However,  I did realize that there are some great sales happening.

Rentown is having boneless chicken breasts on sale for $1.49/lb!  Also, they have flour on sale which is really great for this time of year with getting ready for the holidays!

For those interested, I think I am going to have to give Maggie a trim of her bangs tonite! :)  She and I are very excited about that!

So, how is Satan attacking you and what are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!