Today is the beginning of our new year. Or at least it is in my head. Because it is our first day back to school. I actually was looking towards today with mixed feelings. It was great to have the kids at home and be with them and see them and do fun things with them but.....then there were the times that all they seemed to do was fight or have bad attitudes. Or maybe it was me with the bad attitude? Sometimes it is just nice to go back to the routine.
As 2011 closed, I wasn't really looking at making any resolutions. I'm still not. But I saw so many people making them and it got my mind going.
I started making a list. My list got longer and longer and more things got added. I still keep adding more.
So here are my goals for 2012 - and remember - these are an ever-changing list.
- Come up with exercise plan
- Read 12 books minimum (develop book list first)
- Find way to use gifts and talents more
- Do a monthly meal plan for at least 6 out of 12 months
- Read thru the Bible in a year
- Have people over monthly (minimum)
- Develop syllabus for class that I will be teaching
- Blog a minimum of 3 out of 7 days a week
- read a book a month with the kids
- One on one activity with each kid every month
- Organize every room and closet
- Clean up storage space in Basement
- Decorate finished side of basement
- Develop plan for kitchen/office area
- Landscaping for our front yard (now that roof, windows and siding are done)
- Sell some stuff on Craigslist
- Have a HUGE garage sale
- Keep our monthly budget
I hope that I can be successful at each of them, but I will not feel guilty if I don't get each of them accomplished. If I work towards completing them then I will feel that I have accomplished more than I would have. I'm sure that I will share my progress here - or lack of progress ..... As I share, I will go into more detail as to what I am hoping to accomplish with each goal.
So, do you have goals for this year?