Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Certifiably Crazy!

This weekend was filled with a Knight party for Jared and a couple of other birthday celebrations in the process.  I think that we were able to pull off a fun party for Jared at a very minimal cost.  So I am kinda proud of myself. :)

Jared is on the far right.  It was a very windy day and their shields that they enjoyed decorating struggled in the wind.  They jousted, used a catapult and did some lightsabre battles. :)  Even my dad and Rod got in on the fun. Oh, so did my mom!  The boys thought that was great! :)

So with a weekend full of "parties", I am now in scramble mode to get ready for our garage sale!  I decided that yesterday was my best day to do a couple of chores around here and then run to get some groceries!  My fabulous hubby decided to bring up most of our garage sale stuff from our basement for me.  Our subdivision has always done the garage sale on the Saturday before Mother's Day (can I just mention how puzzling that is to me - obviously a mom didn't chose that day and if a man did he was probably in the doghouse for it).  I don't like doing all the work for a garage sale for just a "one day thing" and find that  a lot of garage salers get out on Thursdays - so I do Thursday, Friday and Saturday!  I have a feeling I will still be pricing on Thursday! :)

So, I will have to do another post about Jared's "Knight" party, a special night at the American Cancer Society Survivors Supper that we were asked to attend, and some other projects that I have in the works.

I also won a copy of "31 days to clean" - which I am really excited about.  I am hoping to keep up with that challenge.  Check it out here.

Better go put little stickers on lots of stuff! :)

Go Live BIG!
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Rachel that looks like a fun party!! We just went to the Renaissance Festival here in Atlanta and my son LOVES it. I need to check out the 31 days to clean...I'm assuming it's decluttering (not my strong suit)! JenT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fun birthday theme and it looks like they were taking their roles very seriously! :-) Thanks so much for stopping by today Rachel, and leaving such a sweet comment on Lauren's room!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!