Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merriment

I'm sorry all that I haven't been more consistent.  The fun chaos of the Christmas spirit has hit our home.  My kitchen is a disaster - seriously, think that someone took Cinnamon and flour and had a fight with it.  Hopefully the chaos will come to an end today as the goodie bags for teachers must be made up today to be given tomorrow.  I think I have about 8 different things made up.  I have lost count as they are all stashed different places so that they wouldn't be eaten before being able to hand them out.

I am working on a couple of little craft projects....and if I knew that my family for sure wouldn't read this I would tell you all what they are.  Yes, I am goofy and I am a wee bit excited over these little craft things.  Hopefully I can make them look as good in reality as they are in my head.  That is usually my biggest problem translating what I see in my head into reality.  I will take pictures when they are completed and you can judge for yourselves! :)

I thought that I would share with you a Christmas tradition that my mom started when my sister and I were kids. My mom got an extra Christmas stocking and put "Jesus" on the stocking.  Every Christmas morning we would share what we were giving to Jesus that year.  We would write it out on a piece of paper and then we would all share what we were wanting to give to Jesus for the upcoming year.  Yes, I guess it is a bit like a New Year's resolution but when shared among the people that you spend the most time with and can hold you accountable....it has hopefully more meaning.  But what I really like, is that it reminded us what Christmas is really about:  A king that humbled himself to be born in stable to live a faultless loving life to offer himself to save you and me.

I have a gold stocking set up with the other 4 red and green ones.  Our gold one is for Jesus.  It is a tradition that both my sister and I have kept.  Special memories and creates a time of intimacy and seriousness in all of the frivolity.  (Wow, that was a fancy schmancy word, huh? :)  )

Something new that I am going to try doing with my blog is reviewing books.  So stay tuned for that coming up soon ....hopefully (waiting for the book to arrive - it is a Christmas book so I REALLY hope it gets here soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - they mean the world to me! I love to read them and promise to come visit your site too!