Oh boy now that doesn't seem like as much.....
So now that we have been into our home learning for over 2 and 1/2 months....how are we liking it? Here's the "Good" and the "Bad".
1. We get to spend lots of time together. In the process of spending time together, I get the opportunity to get to know my kids more intimately. I get to see them in almost every situation. I have the privilege of knowing my kids. When they make poor choices or talk disrespectfully or talk unlovingly to others (especially me and the sibling) I have a great opportunity to teach them how Jesus wants us to be and to try to mold them.
3. Which segues me to the fact as a homeschooling mom I am in charge of my children's education. When you are solely responsible for it, you also get the fun of watching them learn and "get it".
1. We spend EVERY DAY together. ALL day. I love my kids but there was something nice about having my own time between the time they got on the bus and when they got off. This just means that I need to take time and be purposeful about getting time away getting adult time.
2. We take school with us. Every place is a chance to learn. But sometimes it can feel a little......much.
3. I am in charge of my children's education. I decide what curriculum to use. I decide what we are doing each day. I decide. I can't send my kids to school and leave the majority of the responsibility of their education in someone else's hands. Now, please do not get me wrong. I know that most parents still are active in their child's education. But it is different when it is all you. Am I doing enough? Am I doing it right? "Other homeschooling moms do "it" this way"......
Overall, we are loving homeschooling. While there are days that are more difficult than others we know this is the right choice for us. I have loved to see how our family is even closer than ever before. How we are learning about Jesus even more together.
When you follow where God has lead you there is peace and certainty even in the rough days. :)